What happens when the only person
who can save you is
the person hired to kill you?
A war hero stumbles into a web of money-laundering, lies, and deadly secrets, including the “Gator Pole,” a painful way to make people disappear in Florida’s famous River of Grass, the Everglades.
A very generous offer to buy the hero’s luxury home includes an expiration date on his life. The only person who can save him is the person who has been hired to kill him.
For the warrior, one of the bloodiest, and one of the coldest battles in the history of the United States Marine Corps becomes a life-threatening allegory in the tropical paradise of the Palm Beaches.
- HALL OF FAME | TOP 100 REVIEWER | AMAZON VINE VOICE “‘Death does not stalk its messengers. It does not kill Marine Corps snipers.’ Stunning writing! In only two books Temple Emmet Williams has established his credentials as an important new American author. He has the gift.”– Grady Harp
- TOP 500 REVIEWER | AMAZON VINE VOICE “Temple Emmet Williams’ ‘Wrinkled Heartbeats’ is an action-packed mystery/thriller that I read start to finish in one day, unable to put it down. It’s a fast paced, realistic story written by an author I respect and admire.” — Lisa Kearns
- “Temple doesn’t disappoint. He rarely lets a reader starve for action very long before tossing in a good helping of imaginative thrills. Another thing I like about Temple’s technique is he never gives a reader a chance to anticipate where he is going in the story. It’s one surprise after another. So, how will I sum up this review — simply — I read it, liked it, and recommend it — definitely a five star winner.” — Marsell Morris (Mojo)
- “A story built on strange events in Boca Raton, Florida that lead to murder and absolute mayhem surrounding a retired decorated military officer. I loved it! The characters were original.”– Ron Feldman
- “It is a suspenseful thriller with a fast moving, engaging plot. It hits on so many things that are prevalent now: greed, exploitation, patriotism, love and betrayal. You won’t be able to put it down. Highly recommended.”– David Haight
- “The action is fast-paced and the dialogue is snappy – every character, minor and major, is complex and unique. The relationships and interactions among the characters are wonderfully written.”– Eduardo Aduna
- “Fast paced, with just the right amount of action and intrigue, Wrinkled Heartbeats mesmerizes and will keep you glued to your seat.” – Maria Beltran
- “The plot moves at a steady but electric pace, leaving the reader wanting to turn the page to see what happens next.” – Paul Johnson
- “The presentation of the book is splendid, well laid out, easy to read, and the writing is delightfully descriptive and full of vivid details.” – K.C. Finn
- “Wrinkled Heartbeats is a true thriller from start to finish. The plot was exceptional and the character development was second to none. I promise that anyone who reads this is not going to be disappointed in the slightest. Fantastic book, I really enjoyed it.” – Anne-Marie Reynolds
- “The author creates a richly painted tableau, all in primary colors, with touches of patriotism, greed, passion, and betrayal.” – Jennifer Andrews, Psychiatric Social Worker